Rules of the Italian language school in Florence:
1. The enrollments of students under 16 years of age are accepted by the institute only if they are accompanied by one or both parents or guardians.
2. The settlement for the course has to be paid on the first day of the course at the secretary’s desk. In case of an enrollment for more than two months, the settlement can be paid during the first week.
3. After a group course has been confirmed it is not possible to change it with a shorter one or book a course of less hours. Group classes cannot be converted into private lessons.
4. Students who cancel before the completion of the course do not have any right to refund. The students may receive a voucher in the case that they have a valid reason to cancel the course. In this case, all the missed hours can be caught up within a year of the course interruption.
5. In the event that the school is not able to offer the intensive course in the afternoons due to a lack of adequate levels, the ten hours group lessons in the afternoon will be converted into private lessons.
6. The school is closed on national public midweek holidays. For those days there is no refund.
7. One-to-one lessons which cannot be held on national public holidays will be rescheduled on a different day.
8. In case of a technical or organizational problem, the management reserves the right to arrange lessons in the afternoon. The students will be informed on their first day at the Istituto Il David.
9. The rent for the accommodation must be paid, in case of a stay of less than one month, on the first day of the course. The rent for the following months can be paid each month at the beginning of the course.
10. In case the student wishes to change accommodation, he/she must give notice to the secretariat 15 days in advance.
In order to claim back full refund, students are required to send a written cancellation to the school at least 20 days before the beginning of the course by post or by e-mail. The school will deduct 50 Euro for the enrolment fee plus bank expenses for reception and refund of the deposit from the amount sent. If the cancellation is made later than 20 days in advance, no refund will be possible.
However, payments can be used as vouchers for other courses that the student may attend within one year after the cancellation.
In case the cancellation is for a course that involved the study visa, the school will deduct additional 50-100 Euro for administration fees.
In addition, to send the refund, the school must receive the original certificates by post or the letter of rejection of the visa by the embassy by mail or email.
On request, it is possible to subscribe an insurance for a total refund in case of cancellation within two days from the expected arrival day.
Sign up now to Italian Language Courses
Contact us for more information
“Il corso è stato bellissimo. Ho conosciuto persone di diversi paesi. Le insegnanti sono brave. Vorrei tornare ancora una volta all’Istituto Il David, tutto è perfetto. Sono contenta anche della camera, molto comoda e vicina alla scuola..”
Discover your knowledge of ITALIAN LANGUAGE
Fill in the test to know your level of Italian language
How much you know about ITALIAN CULTURE
Take now our test and find out your knowledge of Italian culture.
Latest from the Blog
The school is open from Monday to Friday, from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Saturday: on appointment
Address: Istituto Il David, Via de' Vecchietti 1, 50123 Firenze, Italia, +39.055.216110