Rules of the Italian language school in Florence
- The enrollments of students under 16 years of age are accepted by the institute only if they are accompanied by one or both parents or guardians.
- The settlement for the course has to be paid on the first day of the course at the secretary’s desk. In case of an enrollment for more than two months, the settlement can be paid during the first week.
- After a group course has been confirmed it is not possible to change it with a shorter one or book a course of less hours. Group classes cannot be converted into private lessons.
- Students who cancel before the completion of the course do not have any right to refund. The students may receive a voucher in the case that they have a valid reason to cancel the course. In this case, all the missed hours can be caught up within a year of the course interruption.
- In the event that the school is not able to offer the intensive course in the afternoons due to a lack of adequate levels, the ten hours group lessons in the afternoon will be converted into private lessons.
- The school is closed on national public midweek holidays. For those days there is no refund.
- One-to-one lessons which cannot be held on national public holidays will be rescheduled on a different day.
- In case of a technical or organizational problem, the management reserves the right to arrange lessons in the afternoon. The students will be informed on their first day at the Istituto Il David.
- In case of impossibility to attend an individual lesson, the student must inform the school at least 24 hours in advance otherwise the lesson cannot be recovered.
- In case the student wishes to change accommodation, he/she must give notice to the secretariat 15 days in advance.
Postponement of the course
Before arriving at school, it is possible to postpone the course without any penalty.
After the course has already started, in case of extraordinary reasons, it is possible to postpone whole weeks of the absence of the course but not single days.
In both cases, the school must be informed at least one week in advance and it is possible to postpone the course only once.
In order to claim back full refund, students are required to send a written cancellation to the school at least 20 days before the beginning of the course by post or by e-mail. The school will deduct 50 Euro for the enrolment fee plus bank expenses for reception and refund of the deposit from the amount sent. If the cancellation is made later than 20 days in advance, no refund will be possible.
However, payments can be used as vouchers for other courses that the student may attend within one year after the cancellation.
In case the cancellation is for a course that involved the study visa, the school will deduct additional 50-100 Euro for administration fees.
In addition, to send the refund, the school must receive the original certificates by post or the letter of rejection of the visa by the embassy by mail or email.
On request, it is possible to subscribe an insurance for a total refund in case of cancellation within two days from the expected arrival day.